Content marketing drives traffic and as a result is extremely important. Through the use of optimized and targeted content one can attract a specific audience and give that audience a reason to remain on a particular website or blog for an extended period of time. If your audience is inspired by the content you've created they will leave comments or even share the content with their networks. This type of action drives even more traffic to your site, further increasing your chances of making online sales.
Remain Focused – Your content marketing strategy needs to remain focused at all times. Concentrate on providing quality content that your target audience will find valuable. Create content that answers questions and/or helps solve problems directly related to your industry. This type of focused content builds customer trust.
Promote Your Business – Don’t feel like you can’t directly promote your business. Throughout your content weave in how your business can help readers without being too “salesy”. A business website will benefit greatly from publishing two types of content: business content and educational content.
Build Brand Awareness – Content should help build your brand and tell the story of your business. Focus on educating readers about you and your business to help them see you as the solution to their needs.
Not Replicate Traditional Advertisements – Your online business content shouldn’t be like a traditional commercial advertisement. Be creative and avoid simply shouting your message as loud as possible.
Educate – Informative content should educate readers about your industry products and services. When crafted correctly, this content will draw readers in and keep them on your site longer. The longer you are able to keep visitors on your site, the more likely you will be to build trust and loyalty.
Types of Content:
Here are five simple content marketing ideas to help you get started on your strategy. These ideas are easy to implement and will help you create unique content for your targeted audience:
1. Video – Use video to reach those who prefer to consume content in the form of short videos. Your video content can be published on YouTube, pushed out through Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest and be embedded in blogs and websites.
2. Newsletter Subscriptions – Send regular promotional business content via “opt-in, opt-out” emails. Take the time to build a large data base of emails over time. Be consistent in sending out newsletters.
3. Site Memberships – Build a membership community and allow users more access to your site features and content, such as coupons.
4. Images – There’s a reason Pinterest has quickly become one of the most popular social channels. Images are extremely powerful, quickly capture attention and can distribute many messages very quickly.
5. Words – Words are probably the most powerful type of content available today! Blogs, Facebook Pages, emails, search engine optimization etc... all rely on words to express ideas. Be sure your content strategy is mostly comprised of written content.
How Can We Help You?
If you’re really serious about building an optimized, powerful content strategy consider consulting a professional content marketing strategist. Professional content marketing strategists can help you implement quality content for your website or blog. Professional writers have the ability to create valuable, SEO-friendly content for your target market.
Let's take a look at your site....