Your Website Sucks!!
The reality is, most websites really suck!
Sorry to have to tell you this but it's the truth, IF you are like 99% of the other websites out there. If you are in the 1%, then I apologize for being so blunt.
Why do I know? Well, mine sucked too..(just not as sucky now!!). Even some very large corporations out there who know how to design a site properly.
Why Do So Many of Them Suck?
I think it goes back the concept of understanding the difference between website designer and website marketer. There are some rare exceptions where the two combine to make some fantastic sites.
Traditionally, when it is time to create a website, you would go to a website designer. What most people don't understand is that it doesn't matter what the heck the website looks like, it has much more to do with what it says.
While design is a very important part of a website, your nice logo and pretty colors do nothing to get your website found. That stuff is actually useless to the search engines.
A plain black and white website with very little design but lots of great content can be much more effective than a website with several thousand dollars worth of design work.
Website Designer - Concerned with HOW your site looks!
Website Marketer - Concerned with WHAT your site SAYS!
It won't matter which one you hire IF you don't take the time to develop the correct web content strategy!
Why Do You Need a Web Content Strategy?
Google is essentially color blind.Google doesn't care about the images for design of your website. Google likes content.
I only refer to Google because 70% of the searches done on line go through Google. If 70% of the traffic go through any one search engine, you had better pay attention.
You need to build your site so that you are in the crowd and preferably in the top 10 of the search results. In order to get in the crowd you need to understand how things work. You need to focus on content, not the design or colors of your website.
Here are 2 concepts that will help you enhance your website strategy:
1-Find the Right Keywords For Your Web Content Strategy
Most people don't understand the value of keywords. They really are the "key" to a successful website.
Think about it, if Google can't see your website, how do they know what is there? If Google can't see it, you need to describe what your site is about and what makes you different.
Think about what your target audience may be typing into Google to find what you do.
2-Build High Value Web Content For Your Target Audience
You have roughly 3 seconds to convince a visitor to stay on your website. You better come up with a very compelling reason for them to stay there.
This is where you need your creativity.
What do you do that is different from others?
Do you have a technique that you have found successful that you haven't heard of?
You can put a different spin on just about any topic, just remember it has to be interesting!
So...Why Do You Need a Web Content Strategy?
A website is a tool. The website should be a part of your marketing strategy.
If it's not, then you are way behind and will miss out big-time in the next 5 to 10 years. The reality is people are on line. The internet continues to grow and now with integrated devices, it is getting easier and easier to access the web WITOUT a computer.
If you use the right words, and build the right content, you will attract the visitors that you want to come to your site. GET YOUR SITE FOUND! That is what it is all about, getting found. How easy is it to find you now?
Struggling With Your Web Content Strategy?
Hey, I COMPLETELY understand. I have worked through the same challenges. I got sick of getting 0 visits. Every time I had to call a webmaster to make a simple change, it just pissed me off. So, I learned how to do in on my own.
That's when I found out how important using the right words and developing the right web content strategy was critical to getting traffic to my site. Even though I understand the concepts, it is difficult to write your OWN content or even develop your own web content strategy.
I can help. I have been there, I am actively working on building my own sites. I don't have any web voodoo or anything like that, so if your looking for magic, you will have to go elsewhere.
But if you looking for a good honest opinion about your site, I can help you out. Let me show you your website report card and you can decide the next steps from there. Just click the button below and we will get started right away on building a successful web content strategy for you.
How Do You Know When It is Time For a New Web Content Strategy?
No Traffic, No Leads, No Sales....
then you website sucks and you need some help!